Sunday, August 30, 2009

Keep on Kickin'

I watched my daughter cheer today. It was her first time on a football field, also her first time in front of fans. The smile on her face was so bright and happy! She yelled loudly, shook those pom poms, and kicked as high as her legs would let her. She was proud to be wearing her uniform. Even though she had no idea what her team was doing behind her on the field, she cheered like they were winning the Superbowl! She was one with a group of girls who have put in crazy amounts of time to practice together to be great. It was awesome!

There is no feeling quite so incredible as watching your child's joy. It's magical. My goodness, it makes me remember my moments. Everyone has those moments; whether they are in front of many people or just the most important person. I hope that my daughter will remember her moments. Sometimes they are the encouragement that keeps us chasing dreams, because they are full of pride and give you the feeling that failing is not an option. Thank you Calli, my ten-year-old, who reminds me everyday that anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment