Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Book Worthy

Photo by Carrie Sheidt


If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page.

Hello world!

Everyday is another part of your story. Do you live it like you want to or are you lost in the daily grind? I find both in my story, but this is what makes a truly great story... in my opinion.

Most days are just the normal things that nobody really cares about but me. We wake up, the kids make it to school, I get a work out in, and some work done, then it's time to pick the kids up again and do the after school stuff that leads to dinner and bedtime.

Then there are those moments throughout the day that are remarkable. These are the moments that make my story magnificent. For example, I drop the kids off at school and they both yell "I love you" just before closing the car door and running to class. My heart jumps for joy every time! Or that time during the workout when it gets hard and I drive past the pain to make it count, letting any self doubt disappear with power instead. YES! Oh, and when I get another order for a Bloomsies! Someone else will receive this gift that I love to make!!! These chapters that make me want to read more! Great... turn the page... see what happens next! They are the moments that lead to the car stalling on the side of the road, but I make it home because it happened on a hill and I could just coast for the 1/4 mile right into the driveway. Suspense. They are the moments that make it easier when the sadness of losing a good friend could take over. Grief. The roller coaster that is love, they make it worth it. Drama. Romance. Winning a dream trip to Antigua. Surprise. Unexpected. Traveling to new places, seeing new things, and being a part of the bigger world. Anticipation... what will happen next? Laughing with friends. Silliness. Dancing. Running. Being part of something bigger... Action. My life has it. So does yours. I guess we just have to keep seeing the interesting in it.

My great grandmother used to say, "only boring people get bored." I personally, don't think there is a boring person. So nobody should be bored, we should simply be magnificent!

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said, Steph!! I love how us deep thinking people bring a story to life by the words we put to paper, or blog in this case!! Thanks for sharing! Erica :O)

    ReplyDelete